- Development of methods and technologies for synthesis and regeneration of porous silicate and alumosilicate materials, in particular, methods for synthesis of known zeolite adsorbents and catalysts from Customer's mineral raw materials (kaolin, jadeite, field spar etc.) for large-scale production of such zeolites; design and compex testing their catalytic and sorption activity in laboratory conditions;
- Determination of optimal conditions for adsorption removal of pollutants from liquids and gases using specific sorbents (in particular, Customer's sorbents), development of scientifically-grounded recommendations regarding pollutants removal, recommendations regarding sorbent selection;
Laboratory of Nanostructured Oxide Materials and Composites is active in synthesis of nanostructured oxides, modified nanooxides, industrial and medicinal adsorbents, heterogeneous catalysts, fillers for polymers, composite materials, cryogels, drug delivery systems, nanostructured metals and metal salts supported onto carriers, hydrophobic powders and functionalized coatings.
From 1986 our researchers have published 4 books, 30 chapters in collective books, 10 review articles and more than 500 original papers, and obtained 32 patents of Ukraine, Russia, USA, Germany, and USSR; 2 DSc and 10 PhD theses were defended.
- Development of approaches for synthesis and modification of various nanooxides, metal and metal salts nanoparticles, and nanocomposites;
- Development and study of adsorbents, heterogeneous catalysts, fillers for polymers, drug delivery matrices, antibacterial composites, components for fire-extinguisher powders and ice-forming agents; powders for controlled gelation and suspension/emulsion stabilization, anti-caking agents for dry mixtures (e.g. corn, seed);
Laboratory of surface modification is active in development of scientific base of gas phase methods of nanosized silica modification with non-volatile compounds as well as in synthesis and in study of hybrid fillers for polymers of industrial and medical applications.
- Development of gas phase methods of adsorption;
- Chemical and polymerisation modification of nanoscale silica by non-volatile organics of low and high molecular weight (including bioactive compounds) under pseudoliquefied state conditions and mechanical activation;
- Geometrical modification of nanosilica by mechanical treatment.
- Combined chemical-adsorption modification of disperse oxides with methacrylate containing olygomers and silicon-organic substances for design of hybrid fillers for polymers of industrial and medical application.
- Design of combined products comprising nanosized containers of “core-shell” type by successive adsorption modification of nanosilica with bioactive substances and polymers.