Our team has 15-years experience of field works and microbiological sampling in extreme environments with the use of mountain-climbing and speleological sampling techniques:
- Participation in 7 Antarctic season expeditions (2001-2011);
- Rock cliffs and coastal area of the Dead Sea, rocks of Negev Desert, Israel (2011);
- Hypersaline environments of Pomorie, Bulgaria (2012);
- Highland rainforest, Equador (2013-2014);
- Karst caves, Ukraine (2015-2016).
The laboratory possesses collection of over 300 bacteria and yeast strains with unique properties isolated from extreme environments.