- Phage biology (screening, isolation of pure stable genetic lines, identification of phage life strategy);
- Bacteriocins biology (screening for high-level producers, developing approaches for high level induction);
- Phage and bacteriocins concentration and purification facility (ultra-speed and gradient centrifugation, ion-exchange chromatography);
- Long-term preservation systems for phage products;
- Identification and analysis of phage virion and genome structure (restrictions mapping, PCR, virion protein range, gross phage morphology via transmission electron microscopy, HPLC);
- Bioinformatic analysis and annotation of complete phage genomes;
- Recombinant DNA techniques for target phage proteins.